East Central Georgia Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act provides exceptional career services and resource information to individuals who are in need of Career Planning, Career Development, and Career Placement. This program assists students with tuition, books, uniforms and transportation.
“To encourage and build a world-class workforce in the East Central GA area.”
WIOA Orientation is held every 2nd Tuesday at 10:00 AM in Room 436 at North Campus.
- Age 18 & Over
- GPA 2.5 or HIGHER
- Low-Income Recipient
- Laid off or Unemployed
- Full-time student
- In Demand Program
- Reside in one of the 9 counties served
- Registered with the Selective Service (Men Only)
- Workshops – given to raise awareness on certain issues
- Resume Writing/Preparation – includes cover letter, resume, and references
- Supportive Services – assist with transportation & childcare to qualified applicants
- Job Search Assistance– internet job search, provide job availability information
- Occupational Skills Training – assist with training needs while in school
- One-on-one Career Advisement – assist with career planning, development, & placement
- Helpful Resources– information given based on individuals needs and requests.
- WorkKeys Assessment – measures work skills for a variety of occupations.
- KeyTrain Assessment – a self paced pre-post assessment used to improve basic skills measured by WorkKeys.
& Counties Served
One-Stop Workforce Centers
|East Central GA (Area 13)|
|Columbia, Glascock, Hancock, Lincoln, McDuffie, Taliaferro, Warren, Washington, Wilkes||East Central Georgia
674 Washington Rd., N.E.
Thomson, GA 30824
(800) 251-3882 Toll Free
|OFTC – North Campus
1189 Deepstep Rd.
Sandersville, GA 31082
Fax (888) 467-1982
|Middle GA (Area 11)|
|Baldwin, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs, Wilkinson||Houston County Career Center
96 Cohen Walker Dr.
Warner Robins, GA 31088
Middle GA Consortium, Inc.
3300 Macon Tech Dr.
Macon, GA 31204
WIOA: (478) 757-6621
|Heart of GA Altamaha (Area 16)|
|Appling, Bleckley, Candler, Dodge, Emanuel, Evans, Jeff Davis, Johnson, Laurens, Montgomery, Tattnall, Telfair, Toombs, Treutlen, Wayne, Wheeler, Wilcox||OFTC – South Campus
560 Pinehill Road
Dublin, GA 31021
Dubose Porter Regional & Training Center, Room #607
(478) 274-7800 or (478) 274-7646
Dublin Career Center
|OFTC – Telfair Center
140 North Third Ave.
Helena, GA 31037
Harley Fulford Library
Job Training Unlimited
Heart of Ga RESA
|Richmond-Burke (Area 12)|
|Burke, Jefferson, Jenkins Richmond||Augusta Career Center
601 Greene Street
Augusta, GA 30901
|South Augusta One Stop
at Augusta Tech
3140 Augusta Tech Drive
Augusta, GA 30906
South Augusta One Stop at Burke County
Job Training Unlimited, Inc.