Learning to drive is a major milestone in a teenager’s life. It’s important for young or inexperienced drivers to learn safe driving techniques. There are four different ways Joshua’s Law can be satisfied for teenagers to meet the requirements for a Class D license. The program offered by Oconee Fall Line Technical College meets the option that includes 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of drive behind the wheel time with an instructor. Most insurance companies also give a reduction (10%) on insurance premiums upon successful completion. OFTC provides a (DDS approved) Driver’s Educational program in cooperation with the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission (GDEC).
How do I register?
You must complete BOTH steps to reserve a seat in the class you choose.
Apply online for a Student Scholarship from GDEC (Georgia Driver’s Education Commission) for a driver’s education grant scholarship. This submission must be completed before registration.
- Have a photo of your child’s learner’s permit ready to upload with your registration.
- Register using the link below for your chosen OFTC class date.
Upon award of scholarship, students will be provided with a redemption code and may choose a course provider from a list of authorized driver training schools to redeem the grant scholarship. Choose – Oconee Fall Line Technical College (OFTC), an authorized training provider under the scholarship program, from the list.
|Class Dates 2022||Day||Time||Location||Applications Accepted for Scholarships|
Feb 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, Mar 2, 7, & 9
|M & W||6-8 PM||Online||Jan 12 – 31, 2022|
|Feb 12, 19, 26, Mar 5||Sat||8AM-12PM||OFTC Instructional Center |
1735 Kaolin Rd
|Jan 12 – 31, 2022|
Driver’s Education classes are currently being taught (1) face to face on an OFTC campus and (2) through a live virtual online classroom. This course is developed using the curriculum from the current in-person class and satisfies the requirements of Drivers Education training by the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission. Online courses will be offered in a hybrid model of self-guided online curriculum review as well as live, interactive training with a certified Driver’s Education instructor.
NOTE: All scheduled classes have a minimum enrollment requirement of eight (8) students unless otherwise specified.
- Participants must be between 15 and 17 years of age and possess a Learner’s Permit.
- Students must also complete all six (6) hours of behind-the-wheel driving.
- Behind the Wheel Driving Time (6 total hours) is planned around student schedules and instructor availability after completion of the 30 hours of classroom training. Students must have learners permit prior to the class starting.
- For those students taking the online course:
- Participants must actively participate in all online classes as scheduled for the full class periods.
- Each student must have access to a computer with camera and microphone.
- Each student must have a google mail account (gmail) in order to participate.
- Students will be required to complete coursework on their own as assigned by the instructor prior to the scheduled interactive sessions. Instructions will be clearly given to students upon registration.
Please contact Katrina Veal at email@example.com if you have any questions about registration or for additional information regarding the GDEC Scholarship.
Cost for the course is $350.00. Class sizes are limited, so hurry to register!
Students who officially withdraw from a course prior to the first instructional day of the class will receive a 100% refund of tuition. Students who withdraw from a course after the start of the first instructional day shall receive no refund of tuition. Refunds, when due, will be made by check to the address shown as the student’s official home of record within 30 days of the first day of class, or from the date the College cancels the class due to low enrollment. Students should notify their instructor to formally withdraw from a course prior to the first day of class..