2018 Continuing Education Schedule
- Driver’s Education
- Career Development
- American Heart Association Schedule
- Personal Enrichment
- Professional Assessments & Licensure Exams
- Safety Training (MSHA, OSHA)
- Customized Training
REFUND POLICY Students who officially withdraw from a course prior to the first instructional day of the class will receive a 100% refund of tuition. Students who withdraw from a course after the start of the first instructional day shall receive no refund of tuition. Refunds, when due, will be made by check to the address shown as the student’s official home of record within 30 days of the first day of class, or from the date the College cancels the class due to low enrollment. Students should notify their instructor to formally withdraw from a course prior to the first day of class. This policy applies to classroom setting environments only and is not applicable to mine safety certification or instruction.
NOTE: All scheduled classes have a minimum enrollment requirement of five (5) students unless otherwise specified.
|Class||Class Dates||Day||Time||Cost||Campus Location|
|Advanced Cake Decorating||TBD||Sandersville, Tarbutton|
*Note: At registration, please list each class date individually.
|7/23, 7/30, 8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27||M||6-8PM||$15 per class||Dublin, Porter Center 625|
|Beginning Guitar||7/19, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30||Th.||7-8PM||$150||Dublin, Porter Center 625|
|Smart Devices – Android||7/18||W||6-8PM||$25||Sandersville, Tarbutton Center, 430|
|Smart Devices – iPhone||7/25||W||6-8PM||$25||Sandersville, Tarbutton Center, 430|
|Civic Literacy||9/17||M||6-8PM||$5||Dublin, Porter Center, YKK Room|
- Advanced Cake Decorating: Learn how to work with Fondant, gum paste and create stacked cakes.
- Appalachian Lap Dulcimer: Learn the history of this uniquely Southern instrument. Be entertained while learning the basics of playing the mountain folk tunes. Bring your own instrument or just come and observe.
- Beginning Guitar: Learn to play guitar from an experienced professional. From basic chords to complete pieces, this course will guide you to becoming competent in this popular instrument.
- Cake Decorating: Learn how to decorate your cakes like a professional baker. Skills presented include making your own icing, filling and using an icing bag, borders and rosettes, and creating unique holiday designs. Sweet!
- Cake Decorating Series: Week 1: Baking Basics – Making a cake from scratch. Making basic buttercream icing. How to level a cake. How to split a cake. Crumb coating a cake; Week 2: Basic Piping – Coloring icing. The capabilities of different piping tips. Practice techniques. Borders. How to pipe symmetrical patterns; Week 3: Piping Techniques – Writing on cakes (varying fonts). Drop flowers. Star flowers. Leaves; Week 4: Advanced Piping – Flower techniques. Accent techniques.
- Civic Literacy: Enjoy a compelling lecture followed by lively discussion on the founding document of our republic. Celebrate Constitution Day with us.
- Conversational Espanol: Enhance your English to Spanish skills for day-to-day interactions with primarily Spanish speakers. Presented in eight segments, participants will benefit from individual modules or the entire series.
- Floral Design: Students will learn the basics of floral design and how to create beautiful floral arrangements for seasonal events. EACH PARTICIPANT WILL GO HOME WITH THEIR OWN SEASONAL ARRANGEMENT.
- Painting as a Hobby: Develop your artistic side with this course taught by a highly skilled artist.
- Smart Devices: Learn to maximize the potential of your iPhone, Android, tablet, or other smart device. Both business and personal applications will be explored.
- Smart Devices – Android: this course is designed as a follow-up to the Basic Smart Devices course. Android systems and devices will be targeted.
- Smart Devices – iPhone: The iPhone and iPhone specific systems will be explored in this follow-up to the Basic Smart Devices Course.
- The Scott Thompson Lectures: Hear the history of our region from a local historian with a passion for the dignity and contributions of our people. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn, laugh, and experience the pride of being the descendant of those who came before us.
|Class||Class Dates||Day||Time||Campus Location||Cost|
|APL||8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30||Th||9 AM – 12 PM||LOIC Classroom||$50 per course|
|*Quickbooks for Accounting Professionals||8/7||T||9AM-4PM||Sandersville, Tarbutton #220||$50|
|*Pharmacy Technician Skills Camp||8/8 & 8/9||W||9AM-4PM & 8AM-12PM||Sandersville, Tarbutton #319||$400|
|Computer Skills II||8/14, 8/21, 8/28||T||6-8PM||Jefferson County Center Classroom||$65|
|Classroom Management||8/18||Sat||9AM-12PM||Sandersville, Tarbutton 430||$25|
|Non-Profit Basics||8/20||M||9AM-4PM||Dublin, Porter Center 625||$95|
|Commercial Photography||9/4, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25||T||6-8PM||Dublin, Porter Center 625||$100|
|STP Unit 1||9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1||M||6-8:30PM||Dublin, Porter Center 611||$250|
- Academy of Professional Leadership (APL): A series of leadership courses focusing on the fundamentals of leading today’s workforce. Topics include communication skills, customer expectations, managing conflict, understanding diversity. This series is perfect for the veteran leader or emerging leader regardless of the organization or profession.
- Classroom Management: This course is designed for educators and aspiring educators seeking to enhance their basic classroom skills. The certification that participants receive can be helpful in securing employment as a classroom teacher or substitute teacher in primary and secondary schools.
- Commercial Photography: This course is designed to help current or aspiring commercial photographers better understand their craft. Participants will discover new creative ways to expand their boundaries. Various facets of photography will be explored including advertising, fashion, and journalism
- Computer Skills I: This course will cover the basic aspects of computing including: becoming familiar with the various parts that make-up a computer; how to use a search engine like Google to browse the internet; how to create, send, and receive email; how to use social media such as Facebook. Much more will be covered and opportunities to have individual questions answered will also be a part of this very timely course.
- Computer Skills II: This computing course is designed for users with more than a casual interest. This course builds upon topics covered in Computer Skills I by adding: Drag and drop, Search for files, Excel, Outlook.
- Computer Skills III: This advanced course is designed for the serious user with career or other similar needs. The following will be the primary focus of the study: Advanced Excel usage, Pivot Tables, Access, Publisher.
- Drone Pilot Training: This course prepares the student to take and pass the FAA required course for UAS (drone) pilot licensing. The course is taught by experts in FAR 107 training and education. Prepare to join this exciting and growing technology field.
- Grant Writing: Learn both the practical and conceptual aspects of writing a competitive grant proposal. Emphasis is placed on writing great proposals that focus on the funding agency or agencies (be they federal, private, or corporate) and include the “extras” that make the difference between success and failure.
- LEAN for Construction: Lean Construction is based on the pursuit of continuous improvements aimed at minimizing costs and maximizing value on a construction project. This series is designed to help contractors develop the knowledge needed to build Lean. Construction professionals at all experience levels will learn the building blocks necessary to transform their projects and companies into a Lean Operating System.
- Microsoft Office Suite: As a survey of the most popular computing platform, this course is designed to teach the new and experienced user alike how to use the many features of MS Word 2013 to create documents, publications, and complete tasks that require the use of a word processor.
- Pharmacy Technician Skills Camp: These hands on ACPE courses meet requirements for 15 hours of CEUs towards CPhT certification.
- Social Media Bootcamp: Learn from a media professional how to properly use social media like Facebook and Twitter to build your brand and develop a successful business.
- Spanish for the Office: As the class title explains, learn the fundamentals of speaking Spanish within the office workplace.
- Supervisory Training Program (STP): The Supervisory Training Program (STP) is a construction-specific training curriculum developed, updated and field-tested by and for contractors. Supervisory skill—or the lack of it—directly affects every company’s bottom line. You make your money in the field, and STP can help you improve your organization’s bottom line. The course is presented in six units. National certification is available to those that complete all six units successfully
CEU Credit Classes Course Descriptions:
- *Pharmacy Technician Sterile Compounding CEU: For Pharmacy Technicians. This ACPE course also meets the requirements for CEU certification.
- *Pharmacy Technician Skills Camp: These hands on ACPE courses also help to meet requirements for 15 hours of CEUs towards CPhT certification.
- *Quickbooks for Accounting Professionals: With the demand for cloud-based and “on the go” accounting software growing, QuickBooks Online offers the reliability of a QuickBooks product without the stationary nature of QuickBooks Desktop. The QuickBooks Online Continuing Education class will be an interactive class reviewing the procedures and processes of QuickBooks Online. Topics covered will include customer transactions, vendor transactions, banking and credit card transactions, budgeting, inventory and classifications, and payroll.
*Many of our classes can also be used for credit toward required CEU certifications. Ask us if such credit is needed and we will compare our courses to your needs.
For more detailed program information including requirements or to register, please contact Katrina Veal at (478) 275-6592. **Heartsaver First Aid and CPR AED may be taken separately for $40 each. Heartsaver First Aid is from 9:00am-12:00pm and CPR AED 1:00pm-4:00pm.