Planning Your Career
It is our pleasure as Career Services staff to support OFTC students and graduates at every stage of the career development process. We understand that each person’s journey is unique, and we are excited to assist you. OFTC offers several services to initiate and engage your personal career planning and achieve your career objective.
- *NEW* Workshops for Career Development
- Individualized Career Counseling
- Career Assessments
- Resume Writing Assistance
- Interviewing Tips
- Valuable Experience for Working Students
- On Campus Recruiting
OFTC is offering several virtual (online) career and job search workshops designed to assist you with your career development. Please contact Saketta Brown (email@example.com or 478-274-7643) for details on how to access these informative webinars. Each session is offered at 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM.
- Sept. 21, 2021 (Tu) – Suicide Prevention
- Sept. 28, 2021 (Tu) – How to Study Effectively
- Oct. 7, 2021 (Th) – Test-taking Strategies
- Oct. 14, 2021 (Th) – Time Management
- Oct. 21, 2021 (Th) – Managing Stress
- Nov. 4, 2021 (Th) – Basic Writing Skills
- Nov. 11, 2021 (Th) – What is Plagiarism??
- Nov. 18, 2021 (Th) – Resume Writing
Lunch will be provided by SGA for current students who have RSVP’d prior to the event by contacting Saketta Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-274-7643).
Study Skills/Test-Taking Strategies
- Oct. 11, 2021 – South 12:30pm (Stewart, #112)
- Oct. 12, 2021 – North 12:00pm (patio area)
Resume Writing Workshop
- Nov. 8, 2021 – South 12:30pm (Stewart, #112)
- Nov. 9, 2021 – North 12:00pm (patio area)
Services are also provided to assist employers in recruiting qualified students and graduates.
- Area Businesses Job Postings
- Federal Work Study Jobs
- Job Fairs
- Job Search Websites and Career Planning Tools
Job Placement Rates
- TCSG Job Placement Rates (Click on “Placement” under “Technical Education”)
- U.S. Department of Education College Scorecard
If you have recently graduated from OFTC, please complete our Graduate Survey. Your responses help us evaluate the effectiveness of our programs based on the experiences and comments of former students. All ratings are strictly confidential. Your ratings will be grouped with others and your name will not be associated with the ratings you give. If you have any questions, please contact the Career Services Office at 478-274-7643. Thank you for your assistance!
The Career Services department provides both individual career counseling to all OFTC students and alumni completely free of charge. To make an appointment to discuss your career planning needs, please contact:
Coordinator, Career Services & Disability