Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a financial aid program that provides a limited number of part-time job opportunities for Title IV eligible students, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses when not in class. Positions are primarily on campus, but there are some off-campus jobs, typically in the local school system or with a local community service group or agency.
- Work up to 19.5 hours/week, with a flexible schedule that doesn’t interfere with classes.
- Eligibility based on current FAFSA; must be eligible for Pell and enrolled in a Pell-eligible program of study.
- To qualify, must be in good academic standing, and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Be in enrolled in at least 6 credit hours or more
- No prior work experience necessary.
- Criminal background screening required prior to employment.
- Minimum wage for all positions.
- Note: Positions are filled depending on availability of jobs and money to fund positions, and a position may not be available in your preferred area. Completing the FWS application does not guarantee you will receive a job.
Federal Work Study Positions
Please come see one of our staff members in Student Life to help you prepare for one of the job openings listed below. Our staff can help you develop an effective professional resume, prepare for your job interview, and assist you with many tips that will help you be successful in your job search.
Available positions include*:
South Campus (Dublin):
- Continuing Ed. Receptionist – Porter Center
- Financial Aid Customer Service – Stewart
- Event Set-up & Support – Porter
- Bookstore – Stewart
North Campus (Sandersville):
- Student Affairs
- Business & Industry
* Subject to change. The earlier in the semester you apply, the more opportunities available.
Complete and submit OFTC’s Federal Work Study Application, or pick up an application from Janet Smith on South Campus (Stewart Building, Room 112) or Susan Hammock on North (Room 202-A, next to the Atrium) to pick up an application.
Federal Work Study Orientation
Students who have been approved for employment through the Federal Work Study program at OFTC are required to complete the OFTC Federal Work Study Orientation before starting work. Please review the Orientation for a general overview of the primary requirements, responsibilities, expectations, and processes of our FWS program, and be sure to sign and submit the verification page included at the end.
For students interested in a FWS position, please contact:
|North Campus (Sandersville)||South Campus (Dublin)|
Room 202-A (next to Atrium)
Stewart Building, Room 112
For students currently working through the FWS program, please contact:
|Teresa H. Crafton|
Assistant Director of Financial Aid