Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a financial aid program that provides a limited number of part-time job opportunities for Title IV eligible students, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses when not in class. Positions are primarily on campus, but there are some off-campus jobs, typically in the local school system or with a local community service group or agency.
- Work up to 19.5 hours/week, with a flexible schedule that doesn’t interfere with classes.
- Eligibility based on current FAFSA; must be eligible for Pell and enrolled in a Pell-eligible program of study.
- To qualify, must be in good academic standing, and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Criminal background screening required prior to employment.
- Note: Positions are filled depending on availability of jobs and money to fund positions, and a position may not be available in your preferred area. Completing the FWS application does not guarantee you will receive a job.
Federal Work Study Positions
Please come see one of our staff members in Student Life to help you prepare for one of the job openings listed below. Our staff can help you develop an effective professional resume, prepare for your job interview, and assist you with many tips that will help you be successful in your job search.
To apply for a position, complete and submit OFTC’s Federal Work Study Application.
|Customer Service Assistant (Library)||Dublin Campus||07-08-19|
|Customer Service Assistant (Allied Health)||Dublin Campus||07-08-19|
|Customer Service Assistant (Off-campus)||JOY Clinic||07-08-19|
|Community – Boys & Girls Club of Sandersville||Sandersville Campus||11-05-18|
|Maintenance Assistant||Sandersville Campus||11-05-18|
|Financial Aid Customer Service Assistant||Sandersville Campus||11-05-18|
|Welding Lab Support||Sandersville Campus||11-05-18|