The “Special Pops” program is designed to assist diverse students with support services, resource referrals, and life skills. The program provides effective guidance to assist Special Pops Students in overcoming barriers to stay in school and achieve their career goals.
The Special Populations Program assists the following groups of individuals:
- Single Parents
- Displaced Homemakers
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Economically Disadvantaged Individuals
- Individuals with Limited English Proficiency
- Individuals preparing for Nontraditional Fields
Oconee Fall Line Technical College offers Special Populations Students a range of services.
- One-on-one support guidance
- Facilitate support groups
- Information on non-traditional programs offered by OFTC
- OFTC Textbook Lending Program
- OFTC Special Populations Disclosure
- Referral to community agencies
- Resource Guide (includes some applications, brochures and flyers)
- Leadership Skills
- Monthly Meetings
- Voice for Student Body
- Provide input to problem solving
- Promote and support activities, programs and mission of OFTC.
- Learn More about Student Life activities at OFTC
For more information about services for special populations, contact:
- Janet Smith (Dublin Campus) : Phone (478) 274.7836 or email@example.com
- Susan Hammock (Sandersville Campus) : Phone (478) 240-5162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Title IX and Equity
As set forth in the student catalog, Oconee Fall Line Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
For more information, contact:
Director of Student Life
Stewart Building, Room 113