Beginning October 2020, Georgia now offers both the HiSET® exam and GED® test to qualifying individuals. Both tests allow you to earn your high school equivalency credential.
The HiSET exam is one of three tests (GED, HiSET, and TASC) U.S. states and territories use to measure high school equivalency (HSE) skills. Educational Testing Services (ETS) works closely with states to ensure the HiSET exam closely reflects the skills of a high school graduate and to provide a fair, rigorous exam.
HiSET Quick Facts
- HiSET preparation classes are free. Contact your local Adult Education Center (list) for information about classes.
- Scholarships are available to assist with HiSET Testing fees. See your local adult education center for more information.
- The HiSET@Home is available to take from home 15 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- View all of the policies and requirements for taking the HiSET in Georgia on the ETS website.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements in Georgia
One of the following forms is required each time you enter a testing center during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- TCSG COVID-19 Under-age Consent 7.28.2020 – Students 16 and 17 years of age are considered under-age and must have the consent of a parent or guardian to test.
- TCSG COVID-19 Waiver 7.28.2020 – Required for all test-takers 18 years and over.
The Office of Adult Education offers free preparation classes for this exam. For more information, call the Adult Education office at (478) 274-7848 for dates and times.
ETS, the ETS logo and HISET are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS) and used in the United States under license.