At Oconee Fall Line Technical College (OFTC), GED® testing is available online and in person at the OFTC North and South Campuses, both official GED testing centers.
Earn your high school equivalency diploma for FREE. The HOPE High School Equivalency Examination Grant is now available to qualified Georgians to cover the cost of their GED test. Visit www.HSEtest4Free.com to apply!
GED Quick Facts
- GED preparation classes are free. Contact your local Adult Education Center (list) for information about classes.
- Scholarships are available to assist with GED Testing fees. See your local adult education center for more information.
- Georgia GED graduates may be eligible to receive the $500 HOPE GED Grant to use toward post-secondary education in Georgia.
- The Online GED Test is available to take from home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- View the differences between an Online Proctored Test vs. In-Person GED Test.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements in Georgia
One of the following forms is required each time you enter a testing center during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- TCSG COVID-19 Under-age Consent 7.28.2020 – Students 16 and 17 years of age are considered under-age and must have the consent of a parent or guardian to test.
- TCSG COVID-19 Waiver 7.28.2020 – Required for all test-takers 18 years and over.
Taking the GED® Test
The GED® test is made up of four sections, including reasoning through language arts, math, social studies, and science. The GED® tests cost $40 per test section or $160 for all four tests (full battery). You must present your valid state-issued ID at registration and test time. Your ID can be a license or state ID from any state.
Testing Schedule by Location
- Available to take from home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online GED Test website: https://ged.com/take-the-ged-test-online/
- You will need a computer, webcam, and reliable internet — no tablets or phones are allowed.
- Compare In-Person GED v. Online GED
North Campus (Sandersville)
1189 Deepstep Road, Sandersville, GA 31082
Phone: 478-553-3505 or 478-553-2110
|Mondays & Wednesdays||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|4th Monday of each month||8:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Fridays by appointment|
South Campus (Dublin)
560 Pinehill Road, Dublin, GA 31021
W.R. Stewart Building, Room #315
|Monday – Thursdays||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|3rd Tuesday of each month||8:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Fridays or evenings by appointment|
The Office of Adult Education offers a practice GED exam at no cost. For more information, call the Adult Education office at (478) 274-7848 for dates and times.
The Georgia GED Testing Program is jointly administered by the GED Testing Service, LLC and the Technical College System of Georgia. The GED test is developed by the GED Testing Service, LLC.