Emergency Alert Notification
OFTC has an on-campus alert system where students and employees are notified of emergency situations. The alert systems on each campus will be used as a “Best Effort” attempt to notify faculty/staff and students of any event which may affect the opening/closing of the college, require a campus lock down, evacuation or other event, as determined necessary by authorized officials of the College. The Emergency Procedures Guide for each campus spells out specific procedures to take in the event of an on-campus emergency.
These web sites allow faculty, staff, students and visitors to set up an emergency alert notification on their cell, pager or email. Persons in our service area can check for alerts while at home or at school.
- OFTC’s School Messenger Emergency Alerts & Notifications
- The Emergency Email and Wireless Network
- CodeRED Weather Warning for Laurens’ County residents
This system is currently accepting enrollment.
SchoolMessenger is a service notification system used by the college to connect with students and staff through voice, SMS text, email and social media. Sign up today so you will be prepared.
- You will need your OFTC student ID# to begin the registration.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and the email confirmation sent to you to activate your account.
- You will need to be able to call into the system from one of the phone numbers you entered on your account.
Activating Your School Messenger Account
Once you have created your School Messenger account. You will receive an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to a confirmation page where you must enter ONLY your password in order to activate your account. Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your contact preferences to your account.
- Click the “Click here to begin” button.
- Select the option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone,” and click Next.
- Add your student or BannerID# (For example, 900XXXXX).
- Follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account.
- After adding your information to your account, navigate to the “Contacts” tab and click the edit link to right of your student name to choose which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click “Save” when you are done making changes.
CodeRED Weather Warning is a unique service that automatically notifies citizens in the path of severe weather just moments after a warning has been issued by the National Weather Service. This limited CodeRED Weather Warning subscription is available at no direct cost. This system will telephone all or targeted areas of the County in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, missing child or evacuation notices).