Financial assistance is available to help eligible students pay for their educational expenses at Oconee Fall Line Technical College through grants, scholarships and Federal Work Study. OFTC offers a comprehensive program of financial aid for students enrolled to earn a degree, diploma or a certificate.
Applications for aid must be completed annually for the aid year beginning July 1st and ending June 30th.
Grants and Scholarships
Other Scholarships & Assistance
- GFB Foundation Technical College for Agriculture Scholarship for students enrolled in Welding, Machine Tool, Diesel and Commercial Truck Driving programs
- Georgia Mining Scholarship
- Scholarships through the OFTC Foundations
- Awards for Early Educators from Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) (formerly called Bright from the Start BFTS Scholarships)
- The Veterans Administration
- Federal Work Study
- OFTC Lending Library
- Scholarship Websites
Applying for Financial Aid
- Application Process
- Important Dates
- Documents Required
- Net Price Calculator
- Consumer Information on College Navigator for Oconee Fall Line Technical College
Why Don’t I Have Financial Aid?
- Dropping and Withdrawing from Classes
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
Federal Refund Policy
Students receiving assistance from Title IV programs (Federal PELL Grant or FSEOG) will be awarded aid depending upon the amount of aid earned. If the student completed more than 60 percent of the term, he or she will have earned 100 percent of the aid for that period. If the student completed 60 percent or less of the term, the percentage of the period completed is equal to the percentage of aid earned.
The percentage completed will be calculated by counting the number of days completed up to the point of withdrawal divided by the total number of days in the term. This percentage will be applied to Title IV funds for which the student established eligibility prior to the withdrawal date.
The Title IV aid earned is first used to pay the tuition, fees, and bookstore charges the student has deferred to their Title IV aid account. If any funds remain after deducting these charges, the student will receive the balance due in the form of a refund check prior to the end of the term. If the amount of Title IV aid earned is insufficient to cover these charges and any payments already made to the student, the student is liable for these charges and they must be repaid before the student will be allowed to enroll in another term of study at OFTC. Examples are available in the Office of Financial Aid.
If you have questions that are not addressed here, please call the Financial Aid Office or stop by the campus nearest you.
- North Campus (Sandersville) – Financial Aid Office: 478-553-2131
- South Campus (Dublin) – Financial Aid Office: 478-274-7833 or 478-274-7940
- For Student Loan Information: 478-274-7764
- For VA Information: 478-240-5161
- For Federal Work Study (FWS): 478-240-5162 or 478-274-7836
Additional information on financial aid is available in the online OFTC catalog