Area Business Job Listing
||Gordon, GA area
|Skills Needed and Description of Job:
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent with ability to read and write.
- Certified welder or vocational degree.
- Previous mining experience preferred.
- Three to five years experience as a welder.
- PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in diesel engine repair
- Ability read and write
- Able to comprehend instructions
- Work performed outdoors in dusty environment that may be very cold or very hot.
- Requires climbing, sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Requires good eye to hand coordination
- Requires smooth and simultaneous hand and foot control operation.
- Requires getting dirty and muddy.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Reports to Shop Manager and Upper Management
- Does not exercise supervision
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Perform and document daily pre-operational inspection of welding truck.
- Perform welding shop daily inspection and document in log book.
- Keep welding shop neat, clean, and organized.
- Travel to jobsites to repair equipment as needed.
- Maintain stock of material for welding shop to include, welding rods, wire, compressed gases, and steel.
- Assist mechanics in equipment shop as needed.
- Wear proper protective equipment such as welding helmet, shields, respirators, and clothing.
- Advise shop manager of any problems or safety hazards.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Operate forklift.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Hours/Week: 50-60 hour work week
||Shift: Typical work week is 5 to 6 days as production and weather dictate.
|Salary: Based on qualifications
||Benefits: Included; will discuss at interview.
|Travel Necessary: Yes
||Relocation: Position is in Gordon GA area
Qualified applicants can contact Trippe Brooks at (478)628-1080, apply online at https://sellersconstruction.net, or email resume to Jellington@SellersConstruction.net. For assistance or more information, please contact Saketta Brown, OFTC Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Institution