|Skills Needed and Description of Job:
Do you have experience working on Diesel trucks? We currently seeking a skilled diesel mechanic with experience in troubleshooting, engine part replacements, diagnostics, brake repairs, clutch repairs, electrical repairs. Must have basic knowledge of diesel engine repairs. Must be mechanically inclined. All the required tools are provided.
This position requires the use of a scan tools such as SnapOn and be a team worker.
- Perform Basic mechanical repairs on diesel trucks
- Perform electrical diagnostics as needed
- Have the ability to perform quality work
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components such as (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components,
- Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, etc).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally team members, and supervisors.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, oil systems, etc.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records organized by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- ASE Certifications required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training mandatory
- Must have knowledge with Ford, GMC, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ram truck repairs, transmission and/or replacement, injectors, HPOP, EGR coolers, sensors, glow plugs, etc.
- Experience with computer diagnostics is preferred.
- Diesel Mechanic experience is recommended.
- Diesel engine repairs experience.
- Scan tools and equipment will be provided.
- Be able to lift 50-100 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bi-lingual (English – Spanish) is a plus.
Please Do Not Apply If:
- You don’t have a current, valid driver’s license
- You do not have reliable transportation
- You aren’t self- motivated and positive
- You do not have experience managing a team and leading by example