Licensed Practical Nurse for Riverbend Correctional Facility
Area Business Job Listing
||Licensed Practical Nurse
||Riverbend Correctional Facility
|Skills Needed and Description of Job:
Description of Duties:
Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) in participating in the
implementation and evaluation of the detainees/inmates health care needs. Provides
comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under an RN’s direction, develops nursing care plans on detainees/inmates.
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each
detainee/inmate entering the correctional system. Medical problems are referred to the
physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical
procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within professional capabilities and
refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician’s orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are
administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics
in dispensing medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms,
reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential
hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains noninvolvement
in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted
license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located.
Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention,
medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing
diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
|Hours/Week: Will discuss at interview
||Shift: Part-time and Full-time available
|Salary: Start at $17.33 per hour.
||Benefits: Included; will discuss at interview.
|Travel Necessary: No
Qualified applicants can access the job application at https://jobs.geogroup.com/ . For assistance or more information, please contact Saketta Brown, OFTC Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Institution