Move on When Ready
Double the credit.
Half the time.
Zero the tuition.
Current High School Students
The Move on When Ready (MOWR) program at Oconee Fall Line Technical College provides an opportunity for students to dual enroll at a participating eligible public or private high school, or home school program in Georgia, and the College. Students take coursework at Oconee Fall Line Tech for credit towards both high school graduation or home study completion and post-secondary requirements. Students may participate in activities at both the College and their high school. Students must have approval from their high school guidance office and their parents to participate.
The program is offered during all academic semesters – Fall, Spring, and Summer. Georgia Student Finance Commission requires that a MOWR High School/Home Study Program Participation Agreement be on file for each high school/home study program in order for students from that high school/home study program to participate in the MOWR program. For more information about MOWR and its requirements, please visit the MOVE ON WHEN READY @ TCSG website.
MOWR Admission Requirements
- Student must be enrolled in an eligible public or private high school or home school program in Georgia.
- Student must be a minimum of 14 years of age prior to the first day of their college enrollment term. Some programs at OFTC have higher age requirements due to industry standards. See program details for more information on age requirements by program.
- Students must meet minimum SAT, ACT, or ACCUPLACER placement test scores. These vary by program of study.
Assessment Testing Information
- There is no charge for the ACCUPLACER placement test for students wishing to pursue Move On When Ready (MOWR).
- Students must present their photo ID at the time of the test, and identify themselves to the testing administrator as a high school student testing for MOWR.
- Students must select that they are “testing for MOWR” on the Testing Registration Form (completed at the time of the test) to ensure that the testing fee is waived.
- Students are allotted two testing attempts to meet minimum scores during their high school career.
To schedule your ACCUPLACER assessment test, please contact your local OFTC campus:
- Sandersville (North Campus) – David Hartley – Ph: 478-553-2093
- Dublin (South Campus) – Lydia Barfoot – Ph: 478-274-7786
- Louisville (Jefferson Center) – Ph: 478-625-1901
- Helena (LOIC) – Shari Young – Ph: 229-868-7834