National Career Readiness Assessments / WorkKeys
Oconee Fall Line Technical College provides testing services for individuals who wish to take the ACT WorkKeys assessments. (Several of these assessments were formerly offered through the Georgia Work Ready Program.)
Standard Assessments as measured by the ACT WorkKeys Program that are mandatory for the National Career Readiness Certification include:
- Applied Math – The Applied Math assessment measures critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and problem solving techniques for situations that actually occur in today’s workplace. While individuals may use calculators and conversion tables to help with the problems on the assessment, math skills are still needed to think them through.
- Graphic Literacy – Workplace graphics come in a variety of formats, but all communicate a level of information. From charts to graphs, diagrams to floor plans, identifying what information is being presented and understanding how to use it are critical to success. The Graphic Literacy assessment measures the skill needed to locate, synthesize, and use information from workplace graphics.
- Workplace Documents – Employees need to be able to understand written text to do a job. The Workplace Documents assessment measures the skill people use when they read and use written text such as memos, letters, directions, signs, notices, bulletins, policies, and regulations on the job.
Registration Information for the WorkKeys Assessments
Cost: $75.00-Initial Assessment (includes three portions)
Re-Assessment: Individuals can retake one, two, or all three portions of the WorkKeys Assessment as needed. Fees for Re-Assessment are:
- $75.00 – All three portions
- $65.00 – Two portions
- $55.00 – One portion
Assessment Locations and Testing Schedule
- Assessments are given by appointment. Please call Brenda Cramer at 478-553-2093 to set up an appointment.
- Register online or call Katrina Veal at 478-275-6592. Classes are located at OFTC’s Dublin Porter Center and are every Wednesday at 9AM.
Register online for your assessment for either campus location.
Make checks or money order payable to Oconee Fall Line Technical College. Cash payments are accepted during regular cashiers hours (Monday – Thursday, 8:00-5:00, Friday, 8:00 am-1:00 pm).