Business & Industry Services/Safety Programs
OFTC recognizes the crucial role it plays in developing a qualified workforce for its 11-county services area.
OFTC provides many opportunities to enhance the existing workforce of the service area through academic programs, non-credit-customized training, and skills assessments. In addition, OFTC partners with local development authorities and other state agencies to support initiatives also working on addressing the needs of business and industry as they relate to workforce development.
Resources and Tools for Business and Industry
- Georgia Tax Credits relating to Workforce Development
- Georgia Quick Start
- A service of the State of Georgia and the Technical College System of Georgia providing FREE customized training for qualifying businesses in Georgia.
- Career Assessment
- ACT WorkKeys: Through ACT WorkKeys, employers can pre-screen potential employees’ qualifications on Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information to assess their readiness for work. OFTC offers WorkKeys assessment through the BIS Services Division on South Campus and the Testing Center on North Campus.
- Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Skills Assessments and Training: OFTC offers comprehensive customized skill assessments to business within our 11-county service area.
- Professional Assessment & License Renewal
- Customized Training
- Safety Training
- OFTC offers a variety of services related to safety training and compliance.
- HOPE Career Grant: The HOPE Career Grant (formerly the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant) is a state of Georgia initiative to incentivize high school students and others desiring to further their education to enter a post-secondary degree field that can lead them into one of Georgia’s critical shortage industries. This award allows students to complete these degree programs for FREE after meeting a minimum set of criteria. View eligible programs at OFTC.
- Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- East Central Georgia Workforce Investment Opportunities Act provides exceptional career services and resource information to individuals who are in need of Career Planning, Career Development, and Career Placement.
- WIOA also serves Employers in the state of Georgia providing resources related to Workforce Development through the Workforce Division of the Technical College System of Georgia.