Business & Industry Services/Safety Programs
While our campuses will continue to be closed to non-essential personnel and to the public until we see a decline in the spread of the virus or until directed to open the campuses, we are available to help!
These closures and postponement decisions are in keeping with the Georgia Department of Health’s Social Distancing Guidelines in the hopes to halt the progression of COVID-19. In an effort to maintain the health and well being of our customers and staff. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this crisis together. For updates, visit the OFTC COVID-19 web page, the Georgia Department of Health (GDPH) site or the TCSG web sites.
Visit our Information Directory for contacts while the college is closed.
OFTC recognizes the crucial role it plays in developing a qualified workforce for its 11-county services area.
OFTC provides many opportunities to enhance the existing workforce of the service area through academic programs, non-credit-customized training, and skills assessments. In addition, OFTC partners with local development authorities and other state agencies to support initiatives also working on addressing the needs of business and industry as they relate to workforce development.
Resources and Tools for Business and Industry
- Georgia Tax Credits relating to Workforce Development
- Georgia Quick Start
- A service of the State of Georgia and the Technical College System of Georgia providing FREE customized training for qualifying businesses in Georgia.
- Career Assessment
- ACT WorkKeys: Through ACT WorkKeys, employers can pre-screen potential employees’ qualifications on Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information to assess their readiness for work. OFTC offers WorkKeys assessment through the BIS Services Division on South Campus and the Testing Center on North Campus.
- Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Skills Assessments and Training: OFTC offers comprehensive customized skill assessments to business within our 11-county service area.
- Professional Assessment & License Renewal
- Customized Training
- Safety Training
- OFTC offers a variety of services related to safety training and compliance.
- HOPE Career Grant: The HOPE Career Grant (formerly the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant) is a state of Georgia initiative to incentivize high school students and others desiring to further their education to enter a post-secondary degree field that can lead them into one of Georgia’s critical shortage industries. This award allows students to complete these degree programs for FREE after meeting a minimum set of criteria. View eligible programs at OFTC.
- Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a United States public law that replaced the previous Workforce Investment Act of 1998 as the primary federal workforce development legislation to bring about increased coordination among federal workforce development and related programs. OFTC is served by 4 local workforce Boards that cover our 11-county service delivery area: