Precaution Email to Students, Faculty & Staff
Message from OFTC President Erica G. Harden
Our college leadership is monitoring the news and taking precautions regarding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as the flu. OFTC’s Safety & Security Coordinator Mark Rogers is getting daily updates from the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) and the Department of Public Health (DPH).
Please note these precautions below which are from the DPH. These same measures that are urged to prevent the spread of any respiratory virus are increasingly important for all Georgians:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- The best prevention against the flu is vaccination. Flu is still widespread and active in Georgia – it’s not too late to get a flu shot.
OFTC has already purchased additional hand sanitizer stations for our campuses, and our custodians are cleaning and disinfecting our public areas even more robustly.
If you have any questions, please contact myself or Mark Rogers. Have a good weekend and wash your hands!
Erica G. Harden
Oconee Fall Line Technical College