Emergency Operations Update
Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 1:30pm
The following is the updated operations plan for Oconee Fall Line Technical College as of Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 1:30 p.m.
In accordance with Governor Brian Kemp’s Executive Order 03.26.20.02, all TCSG colleges will remain closed for in-person instruction with limited exceptions through the rest of the Spring 2020 semester. OFTC will continue to hold classes via digital platforms only for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Students should look for specific guidance from instructors regarding limited exceptions where in-person instruction will be allowed and should continue to monitor their OFTC email and Blackboard account for communication from their instructors. Certain faculty and staff may be required to report on campus and should contact their supervisor for guidance.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Our campuses will continue to be closed to non-essential personnel and to the public until we see a decline in the spread of the virus or until directed to open the campuses.
- Credit classes will restart on April 6, 2020 in a distance education format for the foreseeable future. It is our hope to provide opportunities for students to complete certain lab course requirements later in the term. Our allied health faculty will be working with our allied health students regarding clinical requirements going forward. The term has been extended until May 12, 2020.
- Students with courses previously less than 100% online will be contacted by their program through student email and Blackboard with instructions for completing online coursework. Information will be announced by Friday, April 3, 2020, regarding courses that cannot be converted entirely to online due to required face-to-face instruction and/or proctored/observed testing.
- For details about financial aid, registration, advisement, and other services, please visit the FAQ/Resource page. Please access this link often as updates are posted regularly.
- Due to increased call volumes, wait times may be longer than usual. Callers have the option of receiving a call back or receive a response by email. Our goal is to provide as much information as possible on the FAQ/Resource page.
- Employees will only be on campus as needed and/or set up for teleworking if applicable. Information regarding employee statuses’ after March 30, 2020, will be made available through internal messaging no later than 5 p.m. that day.
- Commencement/graduation previously scheduled for June 18, 2020, is postponed. Information regarding a future commencement ceremony date will be communicated at a later time.
The focus of the College will continue to be the health and safety of all. We are making every effort to get as many students as possible “across the finish line” of this semester. Please continue to visit our website and follow us on social media for the latest updates.