Coronavirus (COVID – 19) Campus Response & Messages
As of August 3, 2020, OFTC’s campuses are OPEN and available to assist you in-person, in addition to phone and email under normal operating hours. If you prefer to call or email us, please visit our Information Directory for contact information.
- Classes for Fall Semester will be available face-to-face (on-campus), online, and hybrid (a combination of face-to-face and online).
OFTC will continue to follow COVID-19 guidance from the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including maintaining a social distance in classroom space and labs where possible. When social distancing cannot be maintained either in a classroom setting or lab, instructors and students will be asked to wear masks, as outlined in the previous TCSG policy on limited lab instruction. Outside of the classroom or lab environment, wearing masks is required, in conformity with the guidance issued by DPH and CDC.
Please continue to visit our website and follow us on social media for the latest updates.
Additional online resources related to OFTC’s current operations:
- OFTC Operational Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Resources
- Directory of OFTC Contacts During Closure
Press Releases; Messages from OFTC President Erica G. Harden
- July 27, 2020: Fall Opening Amid Coronavirus
- July 6, 2020: OFTC Announces Plans for Fall 2020 Semester Classes
- June 25, 2020: Virtual Ask Admissions Day Scheduled for OFTC
- June 24, 2020: OFTC Announces Soft Reopening for all Campuses
- May 14, 2020: Summer Semester Updates
- April 6, 2020: Welcome Back!
- March 27, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed for In-person Instruction with Limited Exceptions Through Spring Term
- March 26, 2020: Technical College System of Georgia Suspending Entrance Exam Requirement for Admission during Coronavirus Outbreak
- March 25, 2020: Continuation of Services with Distance Education
- March 23, 2020: OFTC Video Message to Students
- March 20, 2020: Instructors To Reach Out for Transition to Online Classes
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Information Powerpoint from Georgia Department of Public Health
- March 17, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed Through March 31, Credit Instruction Begins Online April 6
- March 16, 2020: Schedule, Calendar Changes Announced
- March 13, 2020: Student Update, Assistance Program
- March 12, 2020 (2): Closing of Campuses
- March 12, 2020: Coronavirus Task Force Begins Meeting
- March 11, 2020: Updates by Email and Web Site
- March 10, 2020: Prevention of Illness
- March 4, 2020: Need to Know and CDC Links
- February 27, 2020: Precaution Email to Students, Faculty & Staff
Our lives have changed greatly in the last two weeks, but our commitment to one another, to our students, and to our communities remain steadfast. We are transitioning to distance education classes for our credit, non-credit and adult education classes. This will be a new adventure for some, but we will be here to guide you through it. We have to think differently about college and the way we are living our lives right now. However, we must remain committed to each other and our communities.