Coronavirus (COVID – 19) Campus Response & Messages
OFTC’s campuses are OPEN and available to assist you in-person, in addition to phone and email under normal operating hours. If you prefer to call or email us, please visit our Information Directory for contact information.
- Classes for Fall Semester 2021 will be available face-to-face (on-campus), online, and hybrid (a combination of face-to-face and online).
- OFTC will continue to follow CDC guidelines for quarantine for vaccinated and unvaccinated students, faculty, and staff. When the OFTC Exposure Control Coordinator is informed of a positive case among students, faculty, or staff, she will notify any affected student, faculty, or staff of the positive case and the important need to monitor for symptoms and/or quarantine per CDC guidelines.
- As of August 9, 2021, staff, faculty, and students are REQUIRED on OFTC campuses when they cannot socially distance themselves. OFTC will continue to provide disposable masks to individuals who might request them.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are not required for employees or students but are HIGHLY encouraged and recommended. In certain allied health programs vaccinations may be required if the clinical sites require vaccinations at the locations.
- OFTC will continue to invest in increased cleaning and sanitizing at all locations and will continue to provide surface and hand sanitizer spray to classrooms. OFTC instituted these measures along with the significant investment last academic year to upgrade ventilation filters and to replace water fountains with water bottle filling stations.
Please continue to visit our website and follow us on social media for the latest updates.
Additional online resources related to OFTC’s current operations:
- OFTC Operational Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Resources
- Directory of OFTC Contacts During Closure
Press Releases; Messages from OFTC President Erica G. Harden
- August 3, 2021: COVID Update for 2021-22 Academic Year
- July 27, 2020: Fall Opening Amid Coronavirus
- July 6, 2020: OFTC Announces Plans for Fall 2020 Semester Classes
- June 25, 2020: Virtual Ask Admissions Day Scheduled for OFTC
- June 24, 2020: OFTC Announces Soft Reopening for all Campuses
- May 14, 2020: Summer Semester Updates
- April 6, 2020: Welcome Back!
- March 27, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed for In-person Instruction with Limited Exceptions Through Spring Term
- March 26, 2020: Technical College System of Georgia Suspending Entrance Exam Requirement for Admission during Coronavirus Outbreak
- March 25, 2020: Continuation of Services with Distance Education
- March 23, 2020: OFTC Video Message to Students
- March 20, 2020: Instructors To Reach Out for Transition to Online Classes
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Information Powerpoint from Georgia Department of Public Health
- March 17, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed Through March 31, Credit Instruction Begins Online April 6
- March 16, 2020: Schedule, Calendar Changes Announced
- March 13, 2020: Student Update, Assistance Program
- March 12, 2020 (2): Closing of Campuses
- March 12, 2020: Coronavirus Task Force Begins Meeting
- March 11, 2020: Updates by Email and Web Site
- March 10, 2020: Prevention of Illness
- March 4, 2020: Need to Know and CDC Links
- February 27, 2020: Precaution Email to Students, Faculty & Staff
Our lives have changed greatly in the last two weeks, but our commitment to one another, to our students, and to our communities remain steadfast. We are transitioning to distance education classes for our credit, non-credit and adult education classes. This will be a new adventure for some, but we will be here to guide you through it. We have to think differently about college and the way we are living our lives right now. However, we must remain committed to each other and our communities.