Coronavirus (COVID – 19) Campus Response & Messages
Please monitor this webpage for updated information as new information is released.
In accordance with Governor Brian Kemp’s Executive Order 03.26.20.02, all TCSG colleges will remain closed for in-person instruction with limited exceptions through the rest of the Spring 2020 semester. OFTC will continue to hold classes via digital platforms only for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Students should look for specific guidance from instructors regarding limited exceptions where in-person instruction will be allowed and should continue to monitor their OFTC email and Blackboard account for communication from their instructors. Certain faculty and staff may be required to report on campus and should contact their supervisor for guidance.
OFTC is in contact with the Technical College System of Georgia and Georgia public health officials to ensure that we are following the latest information, trends, and guidance from the the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health. Please consult these web sites for more information.
Additional online resources related to OFTC’s closure and move to online classes:
- OFTC Operational Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Resources
- Emergency Operations Update
- Directory of OFTC Contacts During Closure
Press Releases; Messages from OFTC President Erica G. Harden
- April 6, 2020: Welcome Back!
- March 27, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed for In-person Instruction with Limited Exceptions Through Spring Term
- March 26, 2020: Technical College System of Georgia Suspending Entrance Exam Requirement for Admission during Coronavirus Outbreak
- March 25, 2020: Continuation of Services with Distance Education
- March 23, 2020: OFTC Video Message to Students
- March 20, 2020: Instructors To Reach Out for Transition to Online Classes
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Information Powerpoint from Georgia Department of Public Health
- March 17, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed Through March 31, Credit Instruction Begins Online April 6
- March 16, 2020: Schedule, Calendar Changes Announced
- March 13, 2020: Student Update, Assistance Program
- March 12, 2020 (2): Closing of Campuses
- March 12, 2020: Coronavirus Task Force Begins Meeting
- March 11, 2020: Updates by Email and Web Site
- March 10, 2020: Prevention of Illness
- March 4, 2020: Need to Know and CDC Links
- February 27, 2020: Precaution Email to Students, Faculty & Staff
Our lives have changed greatly in the last two weeks, but our commitment to one another, to our students, and to our communities remain steadfast. We are transitioning to distance education classes for our credit, non-credit and adult education classes. This will be a new adventure for some, but we will be here to guide you through it. We have to think differently about college and the way we are living our lives right now. However, we must remain committed to each other and our communities.