Coronavirus (COVID – 19) Campus Response & Messages
Please monitor this webpage for updates as new information is released.
OFTC is currently closed to the public and will provide all services possible through virtual delivery methods (phone and email) with a few limited, on-campus labs. OFTC is committed to providing a safe environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- July 13, 2020: OFTC plans to open in a limited capacity, allowing walk-ins for Office of Admissions and the Registrar’s departments only. Visitors to other areas are by appointment only. Classes remain online with limited labs on campus.
- August 3, 2020: OFTC plans to fully reopen the college under normal operating hours. Fall classes begin on August 24 & on-campus, online and hybrid options will be available.
OFTC will continue to follow COVID-19 guidance from the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including maintaining a social distance in classroom space and labs where possible. When social distancing cannot be maintained either in a classroom setting or lab, instructors and students will be asked to wear masks, as outlined in the previous TCSG policy on limited lab instruction. Outside of the classroom or lab environment, wearing masks is strongly encouraged, in conformity with the guidance issued by DPH and CDC.
Additional online resources related to OFTC’s current operations:
- OFTC Operational Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Resources
- Directory of OFTC Contacts During Closure
Press Releases; Messages from OFTC President Erica G. Harden
- July 6, 2020: OFTC Announces Plans for Fall 2020 Semester Classes
- June 25, 2020: Virtual Ask Admissions Day Scheduled for OFTC
- June 24, 2020: OFTC Announces Soft Reopening for all Campuses
- May 14, 2020: Summer Semester Updates
- April 6, 2020: Welcome Back!
- March 27, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed for In-person Instruction with Limited Exceptions Through Spring Term
- March 26, 2020: Technical College System of Georgia Suspending Entrance Exam Requirement for Admission during Coronavirus Outbreak
- March 25, 2020: Continuation of Services with Distance Education
- March 23, 2020: OFTC Video Message to Students
- March 20, 2020: Instructors To Reach Out for Transition to Online Classes
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Information Powerpoint from Georgia Department of Public Health
- March 17, 2020: Governor Executive Order, OFTC Closed Through March 31, Credit Instruction Begins Online April 6
- March 16, 2020: Schedule, Calendar Changes Announced
- March 13, 2020: Student Update, Assistance Program
- March 12, 2020 (2): Closing of Campuses
- March 12, 2020: Coronavirus Task Force Begins Meeting
- March 11, 2020: Updates by Email and Web Site
- March 10, 2020: Prevention of Illness
- March 4, 2020: Need to Know and CDC Links
- February 27, 2020: Precaution Email to Students, Faculty & Staff
Our lives have changed greatly in the last two weeks, but our commitment to one another, to our students, and to our communities remain steadfast. We are transitioning to distance education classes for our credit, non-credit and adult education classes. This will be a new adventure for some, but we will be here to guide you through it. We have to think differently about college and the way we are living our lives right now. However, we must remain committed to each other and our communities.