Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
Prior learning assessments (PLAs) provide a process through which students identify areas of relevant learning from their past experiences, demonstrate that learning through appropriate documentation, and submit their materials so that they can be assessed and possibly awarded academic credit relative to specific course objectives.
OFTC may award college credit through the following methods:
- Military Training
- Apprenticeship Training
- Professional Certification and Licensure
- Institutional Exemption Exam
- Standardized Exam Credit
- Non-transferable Credit
Please review the OFTC Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Student Handbook and Administrator’s Guide for detailed information on how to get started with the PLA evaluation process.
- Regionally and Nationally Recognized Accreditation Agencies – This table is updated by the Department of Education.
- Standardized Exam Credit Table
- Student Application for Prior Learning Assessment
- Credit by Military Training Form
- Credit by Institutional Exemption Exam Form
- Credit by Professional Certification or Licensure Form
- Credit by Non-Transferable Credit Form
- Request for Non-Transferable Credit Form
- Faculty Credentials Form
- Faculty Subject Matter Expert Crosswalk Approval Form
- Prior Learning Assessment Result Form
For questions or more information about Prior Learning Assessments (PLA), please contact OFTC’s PLA Coordinator Ms. Saketta Brown at email@example.com or 478-240-5174.