Admissions for Online Students
Join us for your academic endeavor.
Oconee Fall Line Technical College (OFTC) offers a wide range of online courses. You can access quality instruction anytime, anywhere with distance education from OFTC.
Submit a completed application online to the OFTC Admissions Office with your $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
If you have any questions, you can call us at (478) 553-2064 or (478) 274-7837.
Submit an official copy of your high school, GED, and/or ALL college/university transcripts to the Admissions Office. Applicants who have completed a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official college transcripts in lieu of high school diploma or GED. Official transcripts, in a sealed envelope, must be hand delivered or received by mail before registering for classes. Transcripts can also be sent electronically via services like Parchment, Credential Solutions, or National Student Clearinghouse to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A high school diploma or GED is required for all associate degree and diploma programs and for most certificate programs. Special Education diplomas or Certificates of Attendance are not recognized for admission purposes.
Oconee Fall Line Technical College only accepts high school diplomas from secondary schools accredited by one of the following accreditation agencies. Acceptable accreditation must be in place when the diploma was granted. The following agencies are approved:
- Regional accrediting agencies which include:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on
- Accreditation and School Improvement
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Georgia Private School Accreditation Council
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study (note: ACIS merged with the Georgia Accrediting Commission in 2005)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
- Florida Council of Private Schools
- South Carolina Independent School Association
- Alabama Independent School Association
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission
- National Council for Private School Accreditation
- North American Christian School Accrediting Agency
- Tennessee Association of Christian Schools
- Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation
OFTC will accept a high school diploma from a public or private school that is not accredited by one of the above agencies but is regulated by a school system and state department of education.
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service and sent directly to OFTC. Contacts for approved international evaluation services are below.
Fax: (770) 641-8381
High school transcripts or diplomas should be evaluated by the document by document evaluation method.
Applicants with college credit or a degree from a college or university outside the United States must submit a course by course evaluation of the transcript.
Submit your valid ACCUPLACER®, COMPASS, ASSET, SAT, ACT, PSAT, PreACT or GED scores. Test scores are used to determine program readiness by evaluating reading, writing, and math skills. In lieu of completing the placement test, applicants may also provide an official transcript from a regionally or nationally accredited post-secondary institution showing satisfactory completion of appropriate English and math courses with a “C” or better. Students from secondary schools outside the United States must have transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved outside organization. The entrance exam will be waived for applicants possessing an associate’s degree or higher.
- OFTC School Code: 031555
Receive acceptance letter and registration instructions. You will contact your advisor on registration dates to register for courses. The course number(s) will be needed to order textbooks. Click here for textbook information and prices. Students can choose to view OFTC’s online orientation or attend in-person orientation session held at each campus, each term.
Please use the following instructions to access your course(s) on the first day of class.
- OFTC now requires all faculty and students to access Blackboard, Banner, DegreeWorks, and other college platforms through MyOFTC Dashboard using an authentication service called Okta. Please access the Quick Start Login Guide to set up your account.
- Your username will be the first part of your OFTC email account . . . anything before the @ symbol.
- Your password was provided during OFTC registration.
- Once your Okta account is successfully set up, click the Blackboard logo on the Okta landing page to access Blackboard.
- Click the course link on the Blackboard page to access a course.
- Follow your instructor’s directions for indicating your enrollment in a course. Failure to complete the required submission at the beginning of the semester will result in being submitted as a “no show” for a course or courses.
If you need assistance, have your Student ID number and the Blackboard course CRN number available and contact Distance Education at 478-240-5171 or email@example.com.
Additional information on Admissions is available in the OFTC Catalog.