Admissions for Online Students
Oconee Fall Line Technical College (OFTC) offers a wide range of online courses. You can access quality instruction anytime, anywhere with distance education from OFTC.
Submit a completed application online to the OFTC Admissions Office with your $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
If you have any questions, you can call us at (478) 553-2064 or (478) 274-7837.
Submit an official copy of your high school, GED, and/or ALL college/university transcripts to the Admissions Office. Applicants who have completed a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official college transcripts in lieu of high school diploma or GED. Official transcripts, in a sealed envelope, must be hand delivered or received by mail before registering for classes.
A high school diploma or GED is required for all associate degree and diploma programs and for most certificate programs. Special Education diplomas or Certificates of Attendance are not recognized for admission purposes.
Schedule your ACCUPLACER® placement exam or provide the Office of Admissions with valid SAT or ACT scores that are no more than 5 years (60 months) old. If scores do not meet program level requirements, applicants will be required to take the placement test. Test scores are used to determine program readiness by evaluating reading, writing, and math skills. In lieu of completing the placement test, applicants may also provide an official transcript showing satisfactory completion of appropriate English and math courses with a “C” or better. Students from secondary schools outside the United States must have transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved outside organization.
- Schedule your ACCUPLACER placement exam
- Preparing for your placement exam
- ACCUPLACER Minimum Placement Exam Scores by Program
- COMPASS Minimum Placement Exam Scores by Program
- Asset Minimum Placement Exam Scores by Program
Receive acceptance letter and registration instructions. You will contact your advisor on registration dates to register for courses. The course number(s) will be needed to order textbooks. Click here for textbook information and prices. Students can choose to view OFTC’s online orientation or attend in-person orientation session held at each campus, each term.
Please use the following instructions to access your course(s) on the first day of class.
- Login to Blackboard using the information below:
NOTE: If you have used Blackboard before and changed your password, you will use the password you created instead of the one below.
- Username: 17_student id number (example: 17_900089735)
Your student id begins with 900 and is found on your schedule or in BannerWeb.
- Password: 17_student id number
Please change your password once you have logged into the system successfully.
- Once you have successfully accessed your Blackboard student account, email your instructor(s) to let them know you have successfully accessed your account. If you do not communicate with your instructor during the first three days of class you will be counted as a “No Show”.
- Login to BannerWeb to add a valid email address.
If you need assistance, have your Student ID number and the Blackboard course CRN number available and contact Sherry Yearty at 478-274-7648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information on Admissions is available in the OFTC Catalog.