Competitive Admissions Programs
Several programs at Oconee Fall Line Technical College are competitive and have additional program admissions requirements prior to acceptance into the program. Consideration for acceptance may include designated courses grade point average (GPA), aptitude exam, and work experience credit.
Allied Health Programs
To meet the ever-expanding demand for qualified allied health professionals, OFTC offers a wide array of degree, diploma and technical certificates of credit programs in Allied Health. These programs provide classroom instruction, laboratory experience, and clinical practice to assure that students obtain the most current and the highest-level skills in their chosen health profession.
Students should educate themselves as to which designated core courses are required for the Allied Health program of choice. Students interested in Allied Health programs may obtain admission requirements information from the Admissions Office. It is strongly suggested that student work closely with their academic advisors to ensure completion of all necessary course work.
Competitive Selection Process
Complete the following:
- Review OFTC’s Allied Health Programs Competitive Selection Application Booklet (PDF) and make note of the deadline to apply for your program of interest.
- Submit your Allied Health Competitive or Non-Competitive Selection Application (Online Form) below.
- Submit (if applicable) Work Experience Credit Verification, found in the Application Booklet (PDF)
- Submit TEAS scores (applicable for some programs; see below)
- Submit Official Transcripts
Application for COMPETITIVE programs
- Associate Degree in Nursing Bridge
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Practical Nursing
- Radiologic Technology
Application for NON-COMPETITIVE programs
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology Degree
- Pharmacy Technology Diploma
- Respiratory Care
For more information on competitive admissions requirements in general or by program, see the OFTC Catalog & Handbook.
For questions about the admissions and competitive selection process, please contact the Admissions Office at 478-553-2064 or (478) 478-274-7837 or email@example.com.
Competitive Admissions Exams
All candidates for entry or re-entry to competitive OFTC Allied Health diploma and degree programs must take an exam:
- Practical Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing Bridge, Radiologic Technology, and Diagnostic Medical Sonography applicants must take the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills).
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Testing
TEAS is comprised of five areas: reading, mathematics, science, English, and language usage.