Tips For Online Success
- Identify any weak areas in the skills you need to be a successful online student. Complete the self-assessment / SmasterMeasure.
- Communication is the key to success in an online environment. Maintain communication with your instructor throughout the term.
- If you are having difficulties in your courses, DO NOT WAIT to get help. Contact your instructor and access OFTC'S free tutoring services: OFTC Faculty Tutoring and Online Tutoring
- Before classes begin, take the Blackboard Tour to familiarize yourself with Blackboard.
- Be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Participate in all online discussions, chats, and emails.
- Log into your courses 3-4 times per week.
- Expect technical problems, so complete and submit work early.
at least the number of contact hours for the course being taken to
working on the course in Blackboard and in accompanying web-based
- Check your OFTC student email several times each week.
If you are having problems accessing your Blackboard courses, contact your instructor or OFTC’s GVTC Coordinator Sherry Lewis at email@example.com and 478-274-7648. Please leave a message if you need to do so.
Remember to include your student ID and the course CRN number.