Tips For Online Success
- Identify any weak areas in the skills you need to be a successful online student. Complete the self-assessment / SmasterMeasure.
- Communication is the key to success in an online environment. Maintain communication with your instructor throughout the term.
- If you are having difficulties in your courses, DO NOT WAIT to get help. Contact your instructor and access OFTC'S free tutoring services: OFTC Faculty Tutoring and Online Tutoring
- Before classes begin, take the Angel Tour to familiarize yourself with Angel.
- Be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Participate in all online discussions, chats, and emails.
- Log into your courses 3-4 times per week.
- Expect technical problems, so complete and submit work early.
- Dedicate a minimum of 5 hours per week for each course.
- Check your OFTC student email several times each week.
If you are having problems accessing your Angel courses, contact your instructor or OFTC’s GVTC Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 478-240-5167). Please leave a message if you need to do so.
Remember to include your student ID and the course CRN number.