Distance Education Mission Statement
The Office of Academic Affairs has established a procedure for review of all Oconee Fall Line Technical College (OFTC) courses to be offered in a web-based format.
As with on campus courses, distance education courses provide the information, skills, and abilities necessary for its graduates to attain primary employment; and offers opportunities for students to participate in a general educational curriculum that promotes the development of intellectual, personal and social values and an understanding of society.
The distance-learning program supports the College’s mission by:
- providing an assortment of courses, via the Internet that offer the same intensity, rigor, and experience as those same courses offerings on campus;
- allowing students to electronically complete a course and earn college credit toward a particular program of study, below the baccalaureate level, that prepare graduates for immediate employment;
- offering continuing education and training to allow experienced employees to obtain and uphold advanced levels of competency; and
- supplying both full and part-time faculty and support staff who are trained in online instructional theories and practice.
For any program to be successful, it must have the full support of the college in which it will be executed. Therefore, in support of the concentration, insight, and direction of the distance education program, OFTC has adopted the following goals:
- OFTC will supply distance-learning courses that are equivalent in quality to those offered on campus. Students must meet the same criteria as students enrolled in on-campus courses.
- OFTC's online instructors must meet the same criteria as instructors teaching on-campus courses.
- OFTC will have the same student outcomes for both on-campus and online students.
- OFTC will provide library and instructional support resources to students enrolled in distance learning courses that are the same as those offered for on-campus programs.
- OFTC will afford students enrolled in distance learning courses with student support services as good as those in on-campus programs, including contact to admissions, registration, advisement, financial aid, textbooks, job placement and career services.
- OFTC will work with the GVTC and Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) to supply human and technical resources necessary to consistently deliver distance-learning courses that uphold a high quality standard.