Specialized Training Services
OFTC’s Business & Industry Services (BIS) division offers a variety of programs to businesses, industries, and individuals to enhance productivity and add value to the existing and available workforce. The North Campus in Sandersville, the South Campus in Dublin, and the multiple other sites throughout our local area provide comfortable space, the latest equipment, and experienced instructors to ensure effective and enjoyable workforce training.
Industry training is provided to all local companies in order to update work skills of employees. Retraining to accommodate new technology or world class manufacturing methods introduced into the workplace is available.
OFTC offers custom training opportunities to meet the specialized needs of your operation that are effective, responsive, and cost-effective. These opportunities include short-term, non-credit training with Quick Start training assistance, Continuing Education courses, Assessments, Gap Education (ACT Work Keys system), and business start-up assistance. Services are offered at any OFTC location or at your location.
Consulting may be needed to develop comprehensive customized training programs. This consulting results in legally sound performance and prescriptive training
Types of Customized Training
Small Business Computer Training
Customized Corporate Training
Any courses listed can be provided for your company. We can work with you to design a training program that uses typical examples from your data that your employee uses every day to teach your employees specifically about how your business uses computers. If our standard offerings do not meet your needs, call for details on other software courses available.
Mobile Computer Lab
- In addition to state of the art computer labs at any of our campus locations, we can bring our laptop computers to your site to create an on-site teaching environment.
Small Business Academy
- Thinking about opening your own business? Let OFTC help with our Small Business Academy. We offer several courses that will help make sure your business is a success. Call for more information.
Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Skills Assessments and Training
- OFTC offers comprehensive customized assessment and training services to businesses within our service area. Our staff will work with you to assess your training needs and develop a proposed training plan.
Georgia Retraining Tax Credit
- In addition to receiving a skilled workforce, companies participating in certain programs may be eligible for a tax credit under this incentive. For more information contact, Dr. Lloyd Horadan, OFTC President at (478) 553-2060.
- Our customer service program is designed for individuals or companies requiring customer service skills. Choose from either our 2 hour customer service workshops or have customized customer service training developed for your employees. Each program will provide excellent information and an enjoyable learning experience.
Supervisory Management Training
- Our supervisory program is designed for individuals or companies requiring supervisory management skills. Choose from either our 2 hour supervisory management workshops or have customized training developed for your employees. Each program will provide excellent information and an enjoyable learning experience.
Pest Control Exam
- OFTC is a testing location for these exams. Exams are available at either our North Campus (Sandersville) or our South Campus (Dublin). These are exams are:
- Commercial Applicators Examination
- Employee Registration Examination
- Certified Pest Control Operator Examination
For a complete description and to register (pre-registration is required) visit www.gapestexam.com, a Georgia Department of Agriculture link.
- Section 608 of the Federal Clean Air Act requires that all persons who maintain, service, repair or dispose of appliances that contain regulated refrigerants be certified in proper refrigerant handling techniques. The EPA has also placed a sales restriction on refrigerants, limiting the sale of regulated refrigerants to certified technicians only. Technicians who violate the Clean Air Act provisions may be fined, lose their certification, and may be required to appear in Federal Court. Check out the EPA link for the four categories of certification and for the exam format. This exam is offered at our South campus (Dublin, GA). For more information on taking this exam, please contact Katrina Veal at (478) 275-6592 or email@example.com.