Workforce Investment Opportunities Act (WIOA)
“To encourage and build a world-class workforce in the East Central GA area.”
Click here for WIOA region locations and contact information.
East Central Georgia Workforce Investment Opportunities Act provides exceptional career services and resource information to individuals who are in need of Career Planning, Career Development, and Career Placement. This program assists students with the following:
- Age 18 & Over
- GPA 2.5 or HIGHER
- Low-Income Recipient
- Laid off or Unemployed
- Full-time student
- Registered with the Dept. of Labor
- Approved Program of Study
- Reside in one of the 12 counties served
- Registered with the Selective Service (Men Only)
- Workshops – given to raise awareness on certain issues
- Resume Writing/Preparation – includes cover letter, resume, and references
- Supportive Services – assist with transportation & childcare to qualified applicants
- Job Search Assistance– internet job search, provide job availability information
- Occupational Skills Training – assist with training needs while in school
- One-on-one Career Advisement – assist with career planning, development, & placement
- Helpful Resources– information given based on individuals needs and requests.
- WorkKeys Assessment – measures work skills for a variety of occupations.
- KeyTrain Assessment – a self paced pre-post assessment used to improve basic skills measured by WorkKeys.